The Woodlands Preparatory School’s Mission is to provide a strong academic, student-centered environment to foster life-long learning among students, aid in their intellectual and social maturation, and prepare them for a competitive life by instilling a sense of individualism, personal responsibility, and high self-esteem through accomplishments.
The Woodlands Preparatory School builds a solid foundation for students to be successful in today's global society. Committed to excellence in academics, our highly qualified staff provides a rigorous and well-rounded education with a special focus on mathematics, English, and science to equip students for higher education. An emphasis on leadership, personal responsibility, integrity, respect, and empathy prepares our students to meet the challenges of life.
Philosophy and Goals
We believe that all students can learn and that learning is a life-long process. We provide a firm educational foundation grounded in a rigorous, college preparatory program that highlights Science, Math, English and History. Academic challenges are balanced with a diverse offering of electives, which develop the personal strengths of well-rounded students.
Our small class size and low student-teacher ratio enables teachers to understand their students as individuals and to plan instruction that meets the diverse needs of all students. In addition to a solid foundation in the basics, we provide a sense of community that fosters the development of the whole child. This enables teachers to challenge all students to reach their maximum potential.
Our goal at Woodlands Prep is to foster a desire for lifelong learning in our students as we build self-confidence by providing academic challenge in a positive and supportive environment. By setting high expectations for both students and staff, The Woodlands Preparatory School provides excellence in education. Our students are well prepared to be successful in the competitive world of the 21st Century.
• Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
• A well-rounded education addresses multiple styles of learning.
• Students benefit when the staff maintains high expectations for learning.
• Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for helping students learn.
• A positive, nurturing environment supports the development of the whole student.
• A low student-teacher ratio enables students and staff to develop mutual respect and close relationships.
• We support the IB Learner Profile, which states that students will become…
• Inquirers • Thinkers • Communicators • Risk-Takers • Knowledgeable • Principled • Caring • Open-Minded • Balanced • Reflective